October 11, 2020
Savor the Old-World Traditional Flavor of our Agave Spirits
Posted in All
Introducing our full selection of 100% natural, pure-distilled spirits worth celebrating! Savor the taste of old-world tradition in our newest collection of all-natural, handcrafted IZO Agave Spirits!
Our founder, Gaston Martinez — a native of Mexico — Here at IZO, we offer premium, flavorful agave spirits produced sustainably right in the heart of rural Durango, according to centuries of tradition.
We’re introducing an all-new handcrafted selection worth celebrating:
- IZO Mezcal Reposado is crafted from wild agave hearts traditionally slow-roasted over volcanic rock and offers a velvety, subtly smoky flavor perfect for sipping. Aged at least two months in American Oak barrels, each batch carries a soft, seductive aroma of banana and green apples set against hints of warm vanilla and rich walnut.
- IZO Mezcal Añejo also begins with the lightly crisp flavor of all-natural wild agave. After slow-roasting, each batch is aged at least 12 months in American Oak barrels for a rich depth of smoky flavor that warms the soul.
- IZO Mezcal Ensamble artfully blends distilled Cenizo and Lamparillo agave — each wild-grown and native to high-altitude areas of Durango, Mexico — for an earthy, full-bodied flavor with a delightfully fruity finish.
- IZO Sotol is distilled from the slow-roasted Mexican “Desert Spoon” plant. Maturing over 15 years and yielding only one bottle per plant, the distilled Sotol carries hints of the lightly sweet piñas (or “hearts”) from which it is sourced.
- IZO 100% Agave Tequila Extra Cristalino Añejo features the distinctive taste of Blue Agave native to the Mexican state of Jalisco. Aged for 3 years in wooden barrels for complexity of flavor, the spirit is then charcoal filtered to produce a bright, blanco finish.
Every step of our production process is meticulously controlled “from ground to glass,” ensuring a perfectly-balanced, passionately produced spirit that serves as a delicious sipping liquor or cocktail base.